Monday, May 4, 2009

Summer Goals

I can't describe the amount of excitement I will have when classes are over this week. Why must professors make our lives so stressful? They must think its funny, which I assure them, it's not.

It hit me the other day that in December, I will be graduating, which is a very scary thought. I still really have no idea what I want to do with my life. My professors drill me with this question and act shocked that an almost college senior wouldn't know exactly what my career path will be. I did feel a little relieved last summer, when my 50 year old aunt, who has a very successful job and happy lifestyle, told me "Anne, don't feel bad, some days I still don't know what I want to do with my life."

So, my new theory is that maybe knowing what we want to do with our lives isn't a very important question. It will probably change many times based on new or unexpected opportunities that arise.

At my internship (starting in San Diego in under 4 weeks which I am VERY excited about) I will be learning about casting, representing models, and using the web for social marketing purposes. So my goal for this summer is to forget about "my career" and "life after graduation" and just find out if any of these fields interest me or if I hate any of them.

My advice is to not get too hung up on figuring out the future and just keep looking for the opportunities that pop up along the way.