Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A little background information

It occurred to me that I kind of jumped into this whole blogging thing and forgot to give a little background information about myself.

I'm 21 years old, I grew up in Medina. I spent two years at SUNY Purchase but then transferred to Brockport. My older brother lives in Virginia, he is the chief of staff for a county supervisor. My sister is a freshman at Medialle College. I love to shop and I hate animals! I've had a lot of different jobs over the last few years. I was a lifeguard and summer camp counselor in high school. At Purchase I worked in a Performing Arts Center. Before I even started classes at Brockport I was offered, and accepted a job as a student office assistant in career services.

Most of my blogs this semester will probably be about internships, because looking for one is all I am doing in my free time right now. After I graduate in December, I want to move to New York City or Los Angeles to work in the entertainment industry. I have always been obsessed with Hollywood and celebrities...sad I know... I know I either want to do production work, and work on the "behind the scenes" stuff or work in a casting office. This Spring I am really trying to get involved in some extra things that will boost my resume. Right now I am designing the costumes for a play that will be performed on the main stage in Tower at the end of the month. After this project is over, I am planning to volunteer for the Rochester International Film Festival.